Very popular in the show ring in the UK when more control than a snaffle is needed.
- A very mild lever action causes the cheeks to tilt forwards and the mouthpiece to lift up.
- Very effective for ponies that poke their noses or are strung out.
- Has a mild gag action, and can be useful for jumping.
- Promotes outline, turning and gives extra gentle control- a step up from a snaffle.
- Can be especially useful for the child who does not possess either the technique or leg strength to obtain a nice round outline.